French Green Salad
|Boston lettuce||1 Small, washed (Leave Separated Drained)|
|Bib lettuce head||1 Small, washed (Leave Separated Drained)|
|Romaine head||1⁄2 Small, washed (Leave Separated Drained)|
|Belgian endive head||1 , washed (Leave Separated Drained)|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm)|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Tarragon vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a plastic bag, place cleaned and dried greens in plastic bag, or wrap in plastic film.
2) Place the lettuce bag in refrigerator until crisp and cold, for several hours.
3) Place the salad bowl in refrigerator until chilled.
4) When ready to serve, rub inside of salad bowl with garlic; discard garlic.
5) Tear the greens in bite-size pieces and place in the serving bowl leave small leaves whole.
6) In jar, place together oil, vinegar, salt, and dash pepper.
7) Cover with tight fitting lid and shake until well combined.
8) Stream the half of dressing over greens.
9) Using salad spoon and fork, toss greens until they are well coated and no dressing remains in bottom of bowl.
10) Add more dressing, if desired.
11) Serve French Green Salad cold.