Hot French Onion Soup
|Medium onions||1⁄2 Pound|
|Brown stock||6 Cup (96 tbs) (Boiling)|
|Salt||To Taste (Depending On Flavor Of Stock)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|French bread slice||2 , crusts trimmed off (1 Per Serving)|
|Grated swiss cheese||3 Tablespoon|
1. Peel onions and slice into thin rings.
2. Heat the butter in a large pan.
3. Add the onion rings, and simmer until soft.
4. Add flour and sugar, stir and cook 1 minute.
5. Slowly, stir in the stock, and season to taste.
6. Bring back to the boiling point, and simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
7. Shortly before serving, toast the bread slices lightly.
8. Heat oven to 400°F.
9. Place toasted bread slices in ovenproof soup bowls.
10. Pour the soup over the toast, then sprinkle the grated cheese on the floating toast.
11. Place in the oven to melt the cheese.