|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Sliced mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (10% cereal cream)|
|Grated gruyere cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Gruyere cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Dry white wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Seafood||2 Pound (Scallops, Lobster, Haddock and Shrimp)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Potatoes/Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs), mashed|
|Mashed potatoes/Bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
1) Fry onion and mushrooms quickly by turning frequently and until tender, about 5 minutes.
2) Remove from heat.
3) Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended.
4) Slowly mix in cream.
5) Transfer to heat and allow to boil, mixing all the while.
6) Reduce to a simmer and cook mixing all the while till the mixture is of thick consistency for about 4 minutes.
7) Now add cheese and mix till it melts and take off from heat.
8) Gradually fold in wine, lemon juice and parsley.
9) Add seafood that has been briefly fried in a bit of butter or steamed just till just cooked through.
10) Arrange in casserole dish or ladle portioned into individual scallop shells that have been placed on a cookie sheet.
(Bread crumbs can be placed on top of casserole or if using shells you can pipe whipped potatoes around the edges and place in oven.)
11) Broil about 4 inches from source of heat till golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
12) Serve hot at once.