Smoked Haddock Pate
|Haddock fillet||3⁄4 Pound, smoked|
|Smoked haddock fillets||3⁄4 Pound|
|Butter||2 Ounce, melted (50 gram)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (1 1/2 deciliter)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Pepper||To Taste, milled|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
1) In a skillet poach haddock fillet in boiling water covering it for 10 minutes.
2) Drain, remove the skin of the fish and flake it.
3) In a bowl add the mish and melted butter. Mash together.
4) Force through a sieve or blend in an electric blender to puree.
5) Add the whipped cream to the fish and mix together.
6) Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning to taste.
7) Spoon mixture into small serving pot and chill for several hours.
8) Cover with melted butter and keep in refrigerator to set.
9) Serve as a spread on canapes or cocktail biscuits.
10) Alternately pass with hot toast and butter.