Basic Hollandaise Sauce
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Pound (100 gram)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
1) Cook the broccoli or cauliflower or poach the salmon or turbot; to be served with Hollandaise sauce.
2) In a saucepan, heat the vinegar over moderate heat until reduced to half quantity.
3) Remove the pan from the heat and first add water then egg yolks.
4) Place again the pan on the heat and whisk the egg until thick and light.
5) Remove from heat and slowly add the melted butter.
6) Season the sauce with salt and pepper and add lemon juice to taste.
7) Serve the sauce with cooked veggies or poached fish.