Roaring Fork Ratatouille
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|Eggplant||1 Small, peeled, cubed|
|Tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry red wine||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried whole basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram||1 Teaspoon (whole)|
|Dried whole oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, sliced|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, cut into chunks|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Spray the Dutch oven lightly with cooking spray.
2) Add in onions and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes until they turn tender.
3) Add in eggplant, bell peppers, tomato juice, wine, bay leaf, basil, marjoram and oregano. Stir well to mix.
4) Place a lid on , turn down the flame and continue cooking for about 15 minutes.
5) Lastly, add in the tomatoes and zucchini. Continue cooking covered for about 10 minutes till all the vegetables are cooked thoroughly.
6) Add in little water if needed.
7) Serve the Roaring Fork Ratatouille along with rice or by itself as a stew.
Calories 115 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.8%
Saturated Fat 0.21 g1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 506.6 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.6%
Sugars 9.9 g
Protein 4 g8.1%
Vitamin A 26.2% Vitamin C 109.2%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet