FRENCH STYLE BAKED PANCAKES
|Plain flour||100 Gram|
|Milk||270 Milliliter (8 to 9 Fluid Ounce)|
|Melted butter/Ghee||3 Teaspoon|
|Chopped spinach||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||1 Kilogram, cut into big pieces (2 1/4 Pound)|
|Chilli powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato ketchup||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated cheese||4 Tablespoon|
For the pancakes
1. Mix the flour, milk, butter, egg and salt into a batter. Keep aside for 20 minutes.
2. Prepare small pancakes in a frying pan, using a little ghee. Use a non-stick frying pan if not using egg.
For the stuffing
1. Heat the ghee and fry the onion for 1/2 minute.
2. Boil the spinach in very little water. Drain.
3. Add the reamining ingredients and mix.
For the tomato sauce
1. Boil the tomatoes without any water. When cooked, blend in a liquidiser and strain.
2. Add the chilli powder, sugar and salt and boil for 10 minutes on a slow fire.
3. Add the cream and ketchup.
How to proceed
1. Put some stuffing in the centre of each pancake, spread a little tomato sauce over it and roll up.
2. Spread a little tomato sauce at the bottom of the baking dish and arrange the pancakes over it.
3. When you want to bake, pour the balance tomato sauce over it.
4. Spread the fresh cream on top, sprinkle the cheese and bake in hot oven at 230 degree C (450 degree F) for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Serve hot.