Almond Coated Warm Brie
|Whole wheat cracker crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Brie cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||4 Small, sliced|
|Black olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Basil||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
1. In shallow dish, combine cracker crumbs and almonds.
2. Using a sharp knife, slice wedge of Brie lengthwise into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices, then into 2-inch (5 cm) lengths.
3. Into oil dip pieces and roll in cracker mixture, patting to make crumbs cling.
4. In 10-inch (25 cm) pie plate, arrange in circle and cover loosely with waxed paper.
5. Microwave at Medium (50%) for 30 to 60 seconds or until softened and heated through.
6. Arrange tomato slices on individual plates, top with warm cheese, garnish with olives and basil and serve.