Almond Coated Warm Brie
|Whole wheat cracker crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Brie cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||4 Small, sliced|
|Black olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Basil||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
1. In shallow dish, combine cracker crumbs and almonds.
2. Using a sharp knife, slice wedge of Brie lengthwise into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices, then into 2-inch (5 cm) lengths.
3. Into oil dip pieces and roll in cracker mixture, patting to make crumbs cling.
4. In 10-inch (25 cm) pie plate, arrange in circle and cover loosely with waxed paper.
5. Microwave at Medium (50%) for 30 to 60 seconds or until softened and heated through.
6. Arrange tomato slices on individual plates, top with warm cheese, garnish with olives and basil and serve.
Calories 410 Calories from Fat 280
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.6%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g58.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.7 mg18.9%
Sodium 544.2 mg22.7%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 16 g32%
Vitamin A 29.8% Vitamin C 21.5%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet