French Style Onion Soup
|Corn oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Spanish onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Chicken stock||500 Milliliter (2 Cup)|
|Blackstrap molasses||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat bread slices||2 (Thin Slices)|
1) Grate the cheese and chop onions.
2) In a skillet, place oil and saute onions.
3) Add 1 tablespoon of water to prevent sticking of onion at the pan bottom.
4) When onion are transclucent and tender, add stock, garlic, tamari, molasses and bay leaf.
5) Simmer for 30-45 minutes and remove bay leaf.
6) In two ovenproof dishes, place the mixture and top each dish with thin slice of wheat bread and some grated cheese.
7) Broil until cheese begins to melt.
8) Serve the hot onion soup as an appetizer.