Jellied Consomme with Red Caviar
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Condensed beef consomme||42 Ounce (Undiluted Not Chilled)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
|Red caviar||4 Ounce|
1. In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1 cup consommé, to soften for about 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved.
3. Take a 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan or 3-quart shallow baking dish and add the gelatin mixture into it.
4. Add remaining consommé, stirring until well mixed and refrigerate until firm—at least 4 hours.
5. Before serving cut consommé into about 1/2-inch cubes and remove from pan with spatula.
6. Place in bouillon cups or sherbet glasses.
7. On each serving spoon a heaping tablespoonful whipped cream.
8. Sprinkle red caviar over cream and serve consommé in a large bowl set in ice if desired.
Calories 99 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g10%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.1 mg27.7%
Sodium 1149.6 mg47.9%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.7%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 0.12%
Calcium 4% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet