Jellied Consomme with Red Caviar
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Condensed beef consomme||42 Ounce (Undiluted Not Chilled)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
|Red caviar||4 Ounce|
1. In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1 cup consommé, to soften for about 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved.
3. Take a 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan or 3-quart shallow baking dish and add the gelatin mixture into it.
4. Add remaining consommé, stirring until well mixed and refrigerate until firm—at least 4 hours.
5. Before serving cut consommé into about 1/2-inch cubes and remove from pan with spatula.
6. Place in bouillon cups or sherbet glasses.
7. On each serving spoon a heaping tablespoonful whipped cream.
8. Sprinkle red caviar over cream and serve consommé in a large bowl set in ice if desired.