|White bread slices||8|
|Gruyere cheese slices||8|
|Cooked ham slices||4|
|Butter||3 Ounce (Or 75 Gram, For Frying)|
1. Trim the slices of ham and cheese to fit neatly into the slices of bread.
2. On each of the four bread slices, first place a slice of cheese, then ham and finally another slice of cheese.
3. Top each with a second slice of bread and press together gently.
4. Trim the sides evenly.
5. In a pan, generously add butter; heat it.
6. Add 2 sandwiches at a time into the buttered pan and cook until it begins to brown; turn and fry the second side.
7. At any point of time the pan should not be dry; turn several times and add more butter if necessary.
8. Cook until the sandwiches are golden brown and crisp.
9. Remove the sandwiches from the pan and keep hot in the oven while frying the remaining two.
10. Diagonally cut each sandwich into half and serve hot.