|Oven ready duckling||4 Pound (2 Kg)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Pork tenderloin||1 Pound, trimmed and diced (450 Gram)|
|Pork fat/Belly of pork||1⁄2 Pound, trimmed and diced (225 Gram)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly milled|
|Orange liqueur||2 Tablespoon|
|Streaky bacon rashers||1⁄2 Pound, unsmoked, trimmed and halved (225 Gram)|
|Orange slice||3 (Few Slices)|
|Aspic||4 Tablespoon (To Glaze)|
1. Clean the duck cavity and wipe with paper toweling
2. Wash the duck liver and reserve.
3. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C or Gas No. 6)
4. Place the duck in a roasting pan and smear the surface with butter.
5. Roast it in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let cool.
7. Reduce oven temperature to 225°F (110°C or Gas No. Â¼) and place a roasting pan filled with 1 inch of water in it.
8. With the sharp knife, carve out the bread portion on the duck and slice it into thin strips. Keep separately.
9. Shred the remaining meat off the bones, discarding the skin.
10. Combine the shredded duck flesh, reserved duck liver, pork tenderloin and pork fat in a mincer or grinder and finely mince the meat.
11. Tip into a bowl and add herbs, seasonings, nutmeg and the egg.
12. Mix thoroughly
13. In a 1 1/2-2-pint (1-litre) terrine or pate dish layer half the trimmed bacon rashers to cover base.
14. Firmly pack half the duck mixture over it.
15. Arrange duck breast strips over the meat mixture
16. Sprinkle the orange liqueur over it to flavor.
17. Top with the remaining minced meat mixture and cover with bacon rashers
18. Cover the terrine mold with a greased wax proof paper and then place a lid.
19. Place the terrine in water bath in preheated oven.
20. Cook for 3 hours.
21. Remove the lid and weight down the pate by placing a weight over it.
22. Leave to cool and press overnight.
23. Unmold pate from the terrine.
24. Wash and dry the terrine then replace the pate.
25. Garnish with thin slices of fresh orange and pour the melted aspic jelly to glaze and fill any spaces.
26. Refrigerate pate until set and chilled before serving.
27. Unmold, slice and serve cold with a salad and a cold mayonnaise based sauce if you like.
Calories 931 Calories from Fat 561
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g96%
Saturated Fat 22.7 g113.5%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 426.5 mg142.2%
Sodium 527.6 mg22%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.08 g0.33%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 81 g162.4%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 14.8%
Calcium 4% Iron 46.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet