Green Beans Provencale
|Green beans||1 Liter, sliced (4 Cups)|
|Shallots||3 Large, minced|
|Sunflower oil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, chopped|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1 Dash|
1) Steam the green beans until crisp-tender.
2) Place steamed green beans in ice cold water or rinse them to stop further cooking.
3) In a skillet, saute garlic and shallots in hot oil for 2-3 minutes or continue until shallots are transclucent.
4) Do not let the shallots turn brown.
5) To prevent scorching, add 1-2 drops of water.
6) Add tomatoes and simmer for few minutes, stirring ocassionaly until mixture is reduced to 1/3.
7) Add cooked beans to tomato paste along with cayenne and nutmeg.
8) Serve the hot beans as side dish in any of your meals.