French Toast With Cranberry Apple Topping
|Apple||4 Ounce, cored, pared and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (1 Piece)|
|Apple||4 Ounce, cored|
|Cranberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (No Sugar Added)|
|Added sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Apple juice/Unfermented apple cider||2 Tablespoon (No Sugar Added)|
|Dark brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated skimmed milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), skimmed|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White bread slice||4 , reduced|
|Low calorie white bread slice||4 (40 Calories Per Slice)|
1.Take a quart saucepan and melt some margarine in it.
2. Add in apple, cranberries, sugar, vanilla, apple juice and bring to boil over high heat.
3. Once boiled, let simmer over medium to loe heat for about 10 minutes until mixture attains a syrupy consistency.
4.Prepare French toast - take a shallow bowl and whisk together egg, cinnamon, milk and keep aside.
5. Take a 10 inch nonstick skillet and spray using cooking spray.
6. Heat skillet over medium to high heat.
7. Dip bread slices in the egg mixture and put in the skillet.
8.Pour egg mixtue on the slice too.
9. Cook both sides by turning once.
10. Cut each slice of toast diagonally to end up with 8 trianlge slices.
11. Take a serving platter, place the toast on it and top with cranberry apple mixture.