Grilled Aged Rib Eyes And Heirloom Bean Ragout With A Zinfandel Reduction
|For the steaks:|
|Rib eye steak||28 Ounce, aged (4, 7 Ounce Each)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|For the salad garnish:|
|Arugula||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Dried chestnut lima beans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the beans:|
|Dried checker beans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried snowcap beans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baby chickpeas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), split|
|Chicken stock||2 Quart|
|Carrots||2 , halved|
|Onion||1 , quartered|
|Celery stalks||1 , halved|
|Bay leaves||4 (Fresh / Dried)|
|For the zinfandel reduction:|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced shallot||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black peppercorns||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Zinfandel wine/Any other zinfandel||750 Milliliter (1 Bottle, Storybook Mountain)|
|Bay leaf||1 (Fresh / Dried)|
|Veal stock/Beef stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|For the thyme and cracked black peppercorn vinaigrette:|
|Fresh thyme leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crushed black peppercorns||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced shallots||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the ragout:|
|Garlic||12 Clove (60 gm)|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, at room temperature (Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Prosciutto||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), diced|
|Shallots||2 , minced|
1) In 4 different stainless-steel saucepans, put one kind of beans. To each, add 2 cups of chicken stock.
2) Divide the carrots, onion, celery, thyme and bay leaves equally among the four saucepans. Bring each pan to a boil and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes until each set of beans become tender.
3) Drain them and allow to cool down separately.
4) In a saucepan, heat olive oil, add shallots, peppercorns and saute for about 8 minutes until the shallots start caramelizing.
5) Add in wine and reduce it to about a cup, boiling for about 30 to 40 minutes. Add in thyme, bay leaf, stock and cook on low for about 30 minutes. When only about 2 cups of liquid is left, add in salt and pepper. Keep the Zinfandel Reduction warm until serving time.
6) In a large stainless steel bowl, mix thyme, peppercorns, shallots and vinegar. Add in olive oil to emulsify the mixture. Season with salt and pepper and keep aside.
7) In a small pan, add garlic and water enough to cover the garlic. Blanch the garlic by bringing the water to boil and draining it out when the cloves become tender.
8) In a nonstick pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter and saute the garlic till caramalized. Set aside.
9) In a pan, add 1 tablespoon butter, saute the prosciutto for 1 or 2 minutes on medium-high. Add in the shallots, caramalized garlic, cooked beans and 1/2 cup of the Zinfandel reduction. Let cook for 2 minutes before adding in 3 tablespoons of butter.
10) Season the steaks with salt and pepper and grill for about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare or about 5 minutes for medium.
11) Prepare the salad garnish last by tossing in the arugula with the vinaigrette.
12) Onto the serving plate, spoon the bean ragout on the centre. Place the grilled rib-eye steak in the middle. arrange the arugula directly on top of the steak, and serve immediately.