Quick Mushroom Consomme
|Butter||25 Gram (1 Ounce)|
|Button mushrooms||225 Gram (1/2 Pound)|
|Chicken stock||1 Liter (2 Pints)|
|Dry sherry||3 Tablespoon|
1. Peel onion and chop roughly.
2. Wash, trim and slice mushrooms thinly.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter.
4. Add onions to the pan and fry gently until soft but not brown.
5. Add mushrooms; cover and fry gently for 2-3 minutes until the juices run out.
6. Stir in the stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
7. Remove the pan from heat and stir in sherry before serving.
8. Serve hot.