Quick Mushroom Consomme
|Butter||25 Gram (1 Ounce)|
|Button mushrooms||225 Gram (1/2 Pound)|
|Chicken stock||1 Liter (2 Pints)|
|Dry sherry||3 Tablespoon|
1. Peel onion and chop roughly.
2. Wash, trim and slice mushrooms thinly.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter.
4. Add onions to the pan and fry gently until soft but not brown.
5. Add mushrooms; cover and fry gently for 2-3 minutes until the juices run out.
6. Stir in the stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
7. Remove the pan from heat and stir in sherry before serving.
8. Serve hot.
Calories 167 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.9 mg7%
Sodium 436.4 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet