Salmon Souffle With Cheese
|Parmesan cheese||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Reduced calorie margarine||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Enriched all purpose flour||3 3⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 3/4 Teaspoon)|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), heated|
|Eggs||2 Small, separated|
|Salmon||2 Ounce, skinned|
|Canned salmon||2 Ounce, skinned, boned, drained and flaked|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 Ounce, shredded|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepper white||1 Dash|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Use non-stick cooking spray to spray 2 10-ounce soufflÃ© dishes.
3) Into each dish, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of Parmesan cheese, coating the sides and bottom. Set aside.
4) Heat the margarine in a small non-stick skillet placed over moderate heat, till it is bubbly.
5) Gradually stir in the flour with the help of a wooden spoon.
6) Constantly stirring, add the milk very gradually and cook till the sauce is smooth and slightly thick.
7) Beat the egg yolks lightly in small bowl.
8) Add some of the sauce and stir well.
9) Pour the egg mixture into the remaining sauce in the skillet very slowly. Keep stirring rapidly to prevent lumping.
10) Add the cheese, salmon, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and paprika.
11) Cook, stirring constantly, till the cheese has melted and the mixture is thick and smooth.
12) Take the skillet off the heat.
13) In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar till stiff peaks form.
14) Into the salmon mixture, fold the beaten whites, 1/3rd at a time.
15) Into each of the prepared soufflÃ© dishes, pour Â½ of the mixture and place on a baking sheet.
16) Bake in the middle of the center rack of the preheated oven for about 30 to 35 minutes, till the soufflÃ©s are golden brown in color.
17) Serve immediately after garnishing with parsley and lemon.