Mushroom And Chicken Marengo
|Broiler fryer chicken||3 Pound, cut into serving size pieces|
|Fresh mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Spaghetti sauce mix||1 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned whole tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a large-size (3 quart) microwave proof baking dish, place chicken pieces, skin side up, arranging the meatier portions on the outer periphery.
2. Use waxed paper to cover the dish, this helps to keep the chicken moist.
3. Brown the chicken in the microwave at HIGH for 10 minutes.
4. Drain the fat and turn over the pieces so that the skin side is down
5. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
6. Pour this sauce evenly over the chicken pieces.
7. Re-cover the dish and return to the microwave, reducing the power to 7.
8. Cook the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes, turning the pieces after 8 to 10 minutes, until chicken is tender.
9. Let the chicken stand covered for 5 minutes to absorb the flavors before serving.
10. Transfer chicken and sauce onto a serving platter
11. Serve hot along with rice or pasta if you like