French Garlic Chicken A La Ingram
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||9 Large, peeled|
|Chicken breasts||4 , boned, skinned|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Dry white wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon|
1) In a small bowl, mix 4 finely minced garlic cloves with lemon juice. Mix well and rub over the chicken breasts. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2) In a large saucepan, melt butter and oil, add marinated chicken and saute for 15 minutes on medium flame.
3) Add in mushrooms, wine, bay leaf, 5 garlic cloves and salt. Cook covered for 12 minutes.
4) Next, stir in the Dijon mustard and chicken broth cooking for 15 more minutes or until the chicken is done. Throw away the bay leaf.
5) Transfer the cooked chicken onto a large, deep serving bowl along with the 5 whole garlic cloves.
6) Let the liquids in the saucepan come to a quick boil, cooking till it has reduced and thickened slightly.
7) When done, pour the sauce over the chicken.
8) Garnish the French Garlic Chicken A La Ingram with chopped parsley, accompanied with garlic bread.