Brie Chicken Rolls
|Broiler fryer chicken breast halves||6 , skinned, boned|
|Garlic salt||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pepper white||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brie cheese||6 Tablespoon, divided|
|Green onion||3 Tablespoon, chopped (Green And White Parts Included)|
|Plain wafer crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted, chopped|
|Egg whites||2 , slightly beaten|
|White wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granny smith apple||1 , unpeeled, thinly sliced|
|Crabapple jelly||2 Tablespoon, divided|
1. With meat mallet or similar flattening utensil, pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness on hard surface and sprinkle with garlic salt and white pepper.
2. On each chicken breast half place 1 tablespoon cheese, sprinkle with chopped onion, roll up chicken tucking in ends and fasten with wooden picks.
3. In medium bowl, mix wafer crumbs and pecans and in the mixture roll chicken dipped first in egg whites.
4. In large nonstick frying pan, melt margarine over medium heat and sautÃ© chicken turning for about 10 minutes or until brown.
5. Then add wine, cover and simmer about 25 minutes such that fork can be inserted in chicken with ease and during last 5 minutes of cooking time, add apple slices.
6. Once done, remove the picks, place chicken on platter, arrange apples around chicken and top each roll with 1 teaspoon jelly.
7. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve.