Good For You French Toast
|Pecans||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Skim milk||4 Tablespoon|
|Maple syrup/Honey||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat bread slice||6 , sliced 1 inch thick (From A Bakery Style Loaf)|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon, unsalted|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon, warmed (As Required)|
1) In a small skillet, toast the pecans over a low heat until they are fragrant.
2) In a food processor or blender, process the pecans. Add the milk, and puree until smooth, keep aside.
3) In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and egg whites, then add the vanilla, maple syrup or honey and cinnamon, whisk well. Add the nut-milk mixture and mix thoroughly.
4) In a large shallow bowl, pour the batter, place 2 slices of the bread in the batter. Pierce the bread lightly with a fork 3 -4 times and allow the slices to sit in the batter for 1 minute. Turn over the bread and let the slices sit in the batterfor another 1 minute.
5) In a skillet or griddle over a medium heat, add the butter and coat the pan. Then place 2 slices of bread and cook the bread until golden on both the sides.
6) Repeat with the other bread slices and batter until all the bread slices are golden.
7) Serve the French toast immediately with the warm maple syrup.