|Lean veal shoulder||1 Pound, cubed|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and sliced thin|
|Shredded lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Rosemary leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Instant chicken broth/1 cube chicken bouillon cube||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yellow squashes||2 Medium|
|Green beans||1⁄2 Pound|
1. Wash, trim and thinly slice squashes.
2. Wash, tip and cut green beans diagonally into 1/2 -inch-long pieces.
3. Trim off all the fat from the veal.
4. Take a kettle or Dutch oven and mix it with onion, lettuce, salt, pepper and rosemary.
5. In a saucepan, mix instant chicken broth or bouillon cube in 1-cup of hot water.
6. Add this mixture over the veal and cover the pan. Simmer for 2 hours or until the veal is soft.
7. Right about 45 minutes prior the meat is done, scrub potatoes properly and slice off the band of skin around middle of each.
8. Put the potatoes on top of meat mixture and cook for about 30 minutes or until soft.
9. Take separate medium-size saucepans and cook squashes and green beans in slightly salted boiling water for about 15 minutes or until soft. Drain and try to keep it hot.
10. Take a cup and mix cornstarch and cold water to make a smooth paste.
11. Add with hot meat mixture. Cook and keep stirring constantly until broth thickens and boils for 3 minutes.
12. Add meat mixture and divide evenly.
13. Take serving dishes and serve with 2 potatoes into each of 4 heated, spoon squash and green beans in separate piles at edge.
Calories 625 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.9%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129.2 mg43.1%
Sodium 710.6 mg29.6%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.8%
Dietary Fiber 17.9 g71.7%
Sugars 21.3 g
Protein 47 g93.2%
Vitamin A 179.2% Vitamin C 136.5%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet