Microwave Chicken Fricassee
|Bacon slices||6 , cooked, crumbled|
|Broiler fryer chicken||3 Pound, cut into serving size pieces|
|Carrots||1 , cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Hot water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Instant chicken bouillon granules||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , slightly beaten|
1. In a large-size (3 quart) microwave proof baking dish, place chicken pieces, skin side up, arranging the meatier portions on the outer periphery.
2. Scatter the carrots and bacon on top.
3. In a small bowl, combine dissolve bouillon cubes in hot water and stir in parsley and salt.
4. Pour over the chicken pieces.
5. Use waxed paper to cover the dish or use a lid.
6. Cook the chicken in the microwave at HIGH for 10 minutes.
7. Turn over the pieces so that the skin side is down
8. Re-cover the dish and return to the microwave, reducing the power to 7.
9. Cook the chicken for 20 to 25 minutes, turning the pieces after 8 to 10 minutes, until chicken is tender.
10. Using a slotted spoon, remove and discard the carrots then transfer chicken pieces to a serving platter. Cover the chicken to keep warm.
11. Stir the flour into the half and half to make a smooth paste.
12. Blend this mixture into the cooking sauce.
13. Heat in the microwave for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thick and smooth.
14. Spoon hot sauce into egg yolks and blend well.
15. Pour egg yolk mixture back into the sauce in casserole and stir vigorously.
16. Reducing microwave power to 5, heat the sauce for 1 minute, stirring every 20 seconds.
17. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
18. Serve hot along with crusty bread and a salad if you like.