Stuffed French Toast - Baked
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce, softened (divided)|
|Maple syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All spice powder||1 Dash|
|Frozen strawberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|French bread slice||2 Medium|
|For the batter|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|For the whipped cream|
|Heavy whipping cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a small bowl combine cream cheese, maple syrup, orange zest, brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon and all spice, mix well, keep it the refrigerator overnight.
2. In another bowl thaw the frozen strawberries, keep it the refrigerator overnight.
3. Preheat the oven at 400 degree after the whipped cream is ready. Prepare a baking sheet spray the cooking spray.
4. In a large bowl combine heavy cream, sugar and a dash of vanilla extract, with the electric beater whip the cream until soft peak and fluffy.
5. Then add cornstarch and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract continue beating, once done keep it in the fridge.
6. For the batter, in bowl combine milk, eggs, sugar, baking powder, vanilla extract and salt whisk all ingredients well.
7. Add the dry ingredients which were prepared overnight, to the batter and whisk.
8. Make a deep slit in between the French toast slice, and mix the diced strawberries in the cream cheese mixture in a bowl.
9. Now fill the crème cheese mixture inside the slit of the French toast.
10. Dip the bread slices in the batter and keep it aside.
11. In a skillet melt 2 tablespoon of butter and fry the toast for 3 minutes on each side, once done place it the baking sheet and bake for another 6 minutes.
12. Serve the strawberry French toast with whipped cream and strawberry sauce if you like.
Calories 1023 Calories from Fat 636
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g110.9%
Saturated Fat 41.8 g209%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 409.7 mg136.6%
Sodium 797.8 mg33.2%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 52.2 g
Protein 16 g31.7%
Vitamin A 54.5% Vitamin C 47.5%
Calcium 45.9% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet