Tomato Bisque and Grilled Cheese Sandwich
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cherry tomatoes||12 Ounce, halved|
|Vine tomatoes||6 Small, chop|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Baby carrot||12 Small, chop|
|Basil leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|For the garnish|
|Basil leaves||2 Tablespoon, julienned|
|For the sandwich|
|French bread slices||4|
|Swiss cheese slices||6|
1. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, chop the vine tomatoes, garlic, onion, baby carrots, basil leaves and cut juliennes of basil leaves for garnish, set everything aside in separate bowls.
2. In a pan melt butter and add onion, carrots and garlic, sauté everything for 8 minutes, add all the remaining ingredients tomatoes, bay leaves, salt, sugar, pepper, basil leaves, tomato paste and the broth.
3. Let it simmer for 30 minutes on medium low with the lid on, remove the bay leaves and blend the tomato bisque in the blender until you get a smooth and thick consistency.
4. Transfer the tomato bisque in a pot and put half and half, adjust the salt to taste and cook on low heat.
5. In the meantime make the grilled cheese sandwich, butter the bread slices on both side and place the cheese over it.
6. Place the bread inside the pannin grill, and let it grill for 6 minutes.
7. Serve the tomato bisque along with the grill cheese sandwich.