Bechamel sauce is used in many dishes, you can make cheese sauce, gravy, an soups with using a basic bechamel sauce.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. In a pan, heat butter on medium high heat and melt the butter.
2. After the butter melts add in the flour and stir continuously to make a think paste, allow to bubble for a minute.
3. Add in about ¼ cup of milk, reduce the heat to medium low and whisk continuously until the sauce is thick.
4. Pour in the ½ of remaining milk and keep stirring to mix well allow to thicken.
5. Add in the remaining milk and continue to stir until the sauce thickens.
6. Turn of the heat and remove the pan off the burner.
Those interested to learn how to make bechamel sauce must try this recipe. This sauce can be used with any appetizer. Cheese can be added to make it a cheese bechamel sauce. The chef guides you well in the video.