French Chicken Ragout
|Boneless chicken thighs||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Onion||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, halved|
|Carrots||3 , cut into 1 inch strips|
|Celery stalks||2 , thickly sliced|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|White wine/Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|1% milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low fat sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Pull off the skin from the chicken
2. Use a meat knife to trim off any fat from the thighs and cut them into quarters.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over moderate heat.
4. Add the chicken pieces and sauté them for about 5 minutes until evenly browned.
5. Remove the chicken pieces and drain on paper towels.
6. Drain off the drippings reserving 1 tablespoon in the pan.
Add and sauté the garlic and onion for about 3 minutes until soft and transparent.
7. Further add mushrooms, carrots, and celery and sauté with the onions until mushrooms browned.
8. Return the chicken pieces to the skillet and pout in the chicken stock and wine.
9. Reduce the heat and simmer the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes until almost tender.
10. Blend the corn starch in cold milk and stir into the stew.
11. Continue to simmer, stirring, until the chicken is tender and the stew is thickened.
12. Just before serving, add the cream along with seasonings to taste.
13. Simmer on a low heat, stirring until heated through.
14. Serve the stew in a tureen, garnished with chopped parsley.
15. Eat the stew with crust brown bread