1) Peel the potatoes, thoroughly clean in water and pat dry with paper towel.
2) Cut out potato balls, by pressing a 1-inch Parisienne cutter bowl within the potato and then by twisting to scoop out a neat potato ball. Use the leftover potatoes in soup or boiled and mashed.
3) Pat dry the potato balls with paper towel. Place aside.
4) In a large, heavy frying pan melt butter and oil. Add potato balls side by side making one layer of potato balls in the frying pan.
5) Shake the pan frequently over medium heat to sauté the potato balls for 15 minutes or until they turn crisp and brown. The inside should also feel soft when pierced with the point of a knife.
6) Sprinkle with salt and paper to season according to taste.
7) Transfer the tomato balls over paper towel to drain off extra oil.
8) Sprinkle parsley on top before serving the balls hot.