Cabbage Au Gratin
|Cabbage||1 Medium, shredded|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In a 3-quart glass casserole, cover and cook the cabbage for 10 to 12 minutes, rotating the dish 1/4 turn halfway through the cooking time.
2) Then allow to rest covered for 5 minutes.
3) In a 2-cup glass measure, heat the butter for 30 seconds, stir in the flour and salt, until smooth.
4) Gradually stir in the milk and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring after each minute until the mixture begins to boil.
5) Stir in the cheese, dry mustard and paprika, then cook for 1 minute, blend well.
6) Drain off the cabbage liquid and stir in the cheese sauce, blend well.
7) Then allow to rest covered for 5 minutes.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.