French Apple Flan
|Sweet shortcrust pastry||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Eating apples||1 1⁄2 Pound (750 Grams)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Apricot jam||4 Tablespoon, sieved|
|Sieved apricot jam||4 Tablespoon, warmed|
|Single cream||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
1. Preheat the oven at 220°C/375°F/ Gas Mark 7.
2. Take a 25 cm / 10 inch flan tin, roll out, line it with the pastry to form case and chill for 30 minutes.
3. For the filling peel and core apples and slice thinly.
4. In a bowl toss the apple slices with lemon juice, drain it, arrange over the pastry case in concentric circles and brush with apricot jam.
5. In a preheated oven bake the pastry for 10 minutes and lower the heat to 190°C/350°F/ Gas Mark 5.
6. In a bowl whisk single cream, beaten eggs and caster sugar and pour the mixture over the slices of apple carefully.
7. Place the flan back in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, such that the pastry is golden and the filling is cooked.
8. Serve warm with any beverage or as desired.
Calories 594 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.7%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g30.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135 mg45%
Sodium 54.6 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 50.4 g
Protein 8 g15%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 22.3%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet