French Fried Onion Rings In Beer Batter
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Beer||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spanish onion||1 Large|
|Sweet spanish onion||1 Large|
|Frying oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1) Make 1/2 -inch-thick slices of onion and separate into rings.
2) In a bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt.
3) Add shortening and rub with dry ingredients till resembling fine crumbs.
4) Beat in egg and beer till smooth.
5) With a fork dip onion rings in the batter. Lift to allow excess batter to drip off.
6) In a skillet heat oil (375°F) and drop onions one by one. Fry one at a time, turning once.
7) Drain on paper towels.
8) Serve hot.