Cod Fish Feroce
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cod fillets||8 Ounce|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Tabasco sauce/Any other hot sauce||1 Dash|
|Salt||To Taste (1 Can)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a skillet, pour 1 cup water.
2) Add wine, bay leaves, peppercorns, and thyme to the water and bring to boil.
3) Reduce the heat and add the cod.
4) Simmer covered for 12 to 15 minutes until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
5) Remove the fish from the liquid and let cool for a while.
6) Flake the cod off the bone and measure 1/4 cup cooked fish.
7) In a bowl, coarsely mash the avocado with the lime juice and olive oil.
8) Fold in the garlic and flaked fish.
9) Season it with Tabasco, salt, and pepper and gently fold in the fresh basil.
10) Transfer to an attractive bowl for serving.