Sausage Filled Crepes
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Sausage||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 375°
2. Mix the first 3 ingredients together.
3. Stir in flour and 54 teaspoon salt. Mix well till smooth.
4. Take a greased 6-inch skillet and pour 2 tablespoons batter in it. Tilt the pan to all sides to cover the bottom.
5. Cook till browned and invert on paper toweling.
6. Repeat to make 16 crepes. Put 2 tablespoons sausage stuffing down center of every crepe and roll.
7. Take an 11 3/4 x 7 1/2 x 1 3/4-inch baking dish and arrange the crepes.
8. Mix butter and sour cream. Spread on the crepes.
9. Place in the oven covered for 20 minutes.
10. In a skillet, make the sausage stuffing. Cook 1 pound bulk pork sausage and 1/4 cup chopped onion till browned. Drain and keep aside.
12. Add 2 ounces process American cheese, shredded (1/2 cup) and one 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened, 1/4 teaspoon celery salt, and 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed marjoram.
13. Remove from heat and mix in 1/2 cup dairy sour cream and 1 tablespoon milk.
14. Serve in a serving dish.
Calories 857 Calories from Fat 593
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101.7%
Saturated Fat 26.4 g132%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 326.8 mg108.9%
Sodium 1191.6 mg49.7%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.84 g3.4%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 36 g72.7%
Vitamin A 16.1% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet