Boeuf En Daube
|Canadian bacon||1 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Onions||3 Medium, sliced|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Bottom round||3 Pound, cut into 2 inch cubes|
|Bottom round||3 Pound, cut in 2 inch cubes|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (To Dredge)|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste (1/2 Carton)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Dried orange rind strip||1|
|Dried orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
1. Cut bacon slices into large cubes. Keep aside.
2. Toss beef cubes with a little flour, just enough to coat evenly.
3. Preheat the oven to 275°F
4. In a large, ovenproof skillet or casserole, heat oil and butter.
5. Add bacon and onions and sauté until onions are soft and transparent.
6. Add floured beef cubes and sauté along with bacon and onions, until evenly browned.
7. Sprinkle seasonings, garlic, herbs and bouquet garni. and mix well.
8. Cover the skillet or casserole with lid or foil and transfer it to the preheated oven
9. Braise the meat for 2 1/2 to 3 hours until fork tender.
10. Dish out into a casserole dish
11. Serve accompanied with rice or pasta, potatoes and vegetables.