|Onion||1 Small, peeled|
|Small carrot||1 , peeled|
|Carrot||1 Small, peeled, halved lengthwise|
|Creamy milk||1⁄2 Pint|
|Bay leaf||1 , crushed|
|Bay leaf||1 , lightly crushed|
1) Stick a clove into the peeled onion.
2) In a 1 1/2-pint microwavable dish, add the milk, onion, carrot slices, bay leaf, peppercorns, mace and microwave uncovered on HIGH for 2 minutes.
3) Cover the dish and let it rest for at least 10 minutes.
4) In a 11 pint microwavable measuring jug, add butter and microwave loosely covered for 30 seconds.
5) Mix in the flour, and microwave on HIGH for another minute.
6) Strain the milk that has been resting into the jug and whisk continously to ensure no lumps of flour remain.
7) Sprinkle salt and microwave the contents of the jug for 3 more minutes, stirring it every 1 minute.
8) Whisk the Bechamel Sauce well before serving hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 756 Calories from Fat 367
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.8%
Saturated Fat 24.3 g121.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109 mg36.3%
Sodium 1253.9 mg52.2%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.5%
Sugars 36.9 g
Protein 22 g44.5%
Vitamin A 361.6% Vitamin C 30.9%
Calcium 66% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet