Two Mushroom Consomme
|Dried mushrooms||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Dried wild mushrooms||1⁄2 Ounce (Porcini, Morels Or Shiitake)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||3 Cup (48 tbs), sliced|
|Sliced mushrooms||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Green onions||6 , diagonally sliced|
|Green onions||6 , sliced|
|Chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
1) Wash dried mushrooms thoroughly using enough water and place in bowl.
2) Now add 1 cup,about 250 mL boiling water and soak the mushrooms for about 15 minutes.
3) Strain the mixture through cheesecloth-lined sieve and reserve the liquid.
4) Rinse mushrooms again and chop coarsely.
5) In saucepan, heat oil over moderate heat and cook fresh mushrooms and half of the onions, stirring at times,for about 5 minutes till the liquid reduces in volume and mixture becomes dry.
6) Now add the reserved stock and reserved dried mushrooms and liquid and allow the mixture to boil.
7) Reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for 15 minutes more.
8) Add required salt and pepper to taste. (Soup can be cooled in refrigerator, covered and stored for up to 3 days; reheat over medium-low heat.)
9) Sprinkle remaining onions before serving.