Chilled Chocolate Almond Souffle
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2 Ounce, melted (Two 1 Ounce Each Piece)|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Heavy whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Grease a small (1 1/2–quart or 6-cup) soufflé dish or mold.
2. In a large microwave proof bowl, combine the egg yolks and milk and beat lightly until well blended.
3. Stir in ½ cup sugar and gelatin.
4. Heat in the microwave on MEDIUM power for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until gelatin and sugar has dissolved.
5. Add the chocolate and extract and whisk, using a wire whisk until well blended.
6. Place bowl in the refrigerator to cool and thicken.
7. In the meantime, place egg whites in a medium size dry bowl and whisk using an electric beater, until frothy.
8. Gradually add remaining sugar and beat until stiff, forming soft peaks.
9. Gently add and fold the egg whites into the cooled chocolate mixture.
10. Finally fold in the whipped cream without beating and keeping the mixture light and fluffy.
11. Pour mixture into prepared soufflé dish or mold
12. Refrigerate for a until set and well chilled.
13. Unmold onto a serving platter.
14. Garnish the soufflé with slivered almonds and whipped cream if you like.