|Ripe camembert cheese||2|
|Dry white wine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter||8 Tablespoon, softened|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Brandy||3 Tablespoon (To Taste)|
|Fresh white bread crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs), toasted|
|Parsley||6 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
1. Slice the crust from cheeses using a cheese knife.
2. Quarter the cubes and place in a glass or ceramic bowl.
3. Cover with white wine and let soak overnight.
4. Line the inside of a 5-inch plain round flan ring or baking pan with foil.
5. Drain cheese cubes from wine and pat dry on kitchen paper.
6. Return to a clean bowl along with softened butter and a little of the marinating wine.
7. Cream the mixture thoroughly with the back of a spoon or small wire whisk, until it is smooth and creamy.
8. Season with a small pinch of salt and cayenne if you like.
9. Stir in brandy and mix thoroughly.
10. Spoon the cheese mixture into prepared ring.
11. Place in the refrigerator to harden and chill before serving.
12. On a plate, spread the breadcrumbs.
13. Invert the cheese ring upside down on the bread crumbs
14. Remove the flan ring and foil and coat bottom as well with bread crumbs.
15. Place on cheese platter and coat the sides with chopped parsley.
16. Serve the Soused Camembert with bread or assorted crackers, providing a cheese knife to cut the cheese.