Bearnaise Sauce With Clarified Butter
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced shallots/Green onions||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried tarragon||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Egg yolks||4 , beaten|
|Clarified butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
1. In 2-cup liquid measure, combine wine, vinegar, shallots or onions and tarragon.
2. Bring to boil on High and continue cooking until about half of liquid is evaporated, 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Strain liquid.
4. In a 1-1/2-quart casserole, take egg yolk.
5. Slowly pour hot strained liquid into egg yolks, beating constantly with a wire whisk.
6. Cook on Low for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring with a wire whisk after 30 seconds, then every 15 seconds until sauce is consistency of mayonnaise.
7. Gradually beat in clarified butter.
8. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
9. Cover and set dish in bowl of hot, not boiling, water to keep warm.
10. Use for basting streaks.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1403 Calories from Fat 1275
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 145 g222.7%
Saturated Fat 85.6 g428.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1088.9 mg363%
Sodium 523.7 mg21.8%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.72 g2.9%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 11 g22.5%
Vitamin A 27.7% Vitamin C 7.2%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet