Bearnaise Sauce With Clarified Butter
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced shallots/Green onions||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried tarragon||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Egg yolks||4 , beaten|
|Clarified butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
1. In 2-cup liquid measure, combine wine, vinegar, shallots or onions and tarragon.
2. Bring to boil on High and continue cooking until about half of liquid is evaporated, 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Strain liquid.
4. In a 1-1/2-quart casserole, take egg yolk.
5. Slowly pour hot strained liquid into egg yolks, beating constantly with a wire whisk.
6. Cook on Low for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring with a wire whisk after 30 seconds, then every 15 seconds until sauce is consistency of mayonnaise.
7. Gradually beat in clarified butter.
8. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
9. Cover and set dish in bowl of hot, not boiling, water to keep warm.
10. Use for basting streaks.