Quiche Lorraine With Cream
|10 inch pie pastry||3⁄4 Pound|
|Egg||1 , beaten (Whole)|
|Light cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||To Taste|
|Gruyere cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F
2. Roll out pastry and line a 9-inch pie plate
3. Prick bottom with a fork
4. Give the pastry an egg wash using a pastry brush.
5. Bake the pastry in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes until golden and dry.
6. Remove and leave to cool
7. Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F
8. While pastry bakes, add egg yolks to a bowl along with cream and beat until thick and pale.
9. Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg and keep aside.
10. In a small frying pan, fry bacon until crisp. Remove and drain on paper toweling.
11. When the bacon is cooled, crumble into the baked pastry shell.
12. Scatter the cheese evenly in the shell.
13. Pour over egg mixture
14. Bake on middle level of preheated oven for 30 minutes
15. Remove and let stand for 5 minutes.
16. Remove from pie plate onto a serving platter.
17. Cut into wedges and serve hot.