Deep Fried Brie With Salsa
|French brie||8 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Fresh white bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep-Frying)|
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Hungarian pepper||1 , seeded and finely chopped (Cherry Pepper)|
|Fresno chili||1 , seeded and finely chopped (Red)|
|Apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), pre-soaked, finely chopped|
|Orange juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Salad leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (To Garnish)|
1. Cut Brie into quarters.
2. Bread each portion by diping in beaten egg, then roll in bread crumbs.
3. Place the crumbed cheese pieces on a plate and cover with cling film.
4. Refrigerate until chilled.
5. In a small pan, heat the sunflower oil
6. Add and sauté onion, cherry pepper, and chili for 5 minutes.
7. Stir in apricots and orange juice and let simmer for 15 minutes, until saucy.
8. In a deep- fat fryer or large frying pan, heat about 3 inches oil to 340°F
9. When oil is hot and bubbly, gently drop in chilled breaded Brie pieces.
10. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until golden and crisp
11. Use a slotted spoon to remove and drain on paper towels.
12. Arrange one piece of fried cheese per plate.
13. Spoon some salsa on the side.
14. Garnish with fresh salad leaves and serve immediately.