Mushrooms A La Grecque
|Small mushrooms/Medium mushrooms, quartered||1 Pound (Whole)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Bay leaf||1 , crumbled|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), sliced in 3 pieces|
|Coriander seeds||2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried hot red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Use a damp kitchen towel to wipe the grit off the mushrooms.
2. Stem mushrooms and place caps in a bowl. Keep aside. Reserve stems for another use if you like.
3. In a small piece of muslin or cheesecloth, tie all the ingredients for bouquet garni bag.
4. In a stainless steel pan or pot, combine the ingredients for bouillon.
5. Add the bouquet-garni bag bring to a boil.
6. Bring the bouillon to a rapid boil and boil for 1 minute.
7. Tip in the mushroom caps a few at a time.
8. Reduce heat and simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
9. Use a slotted spoon to remove the mushrooms into a clean glass bowl.
10. Reduce the marinade by boiling over high heat, to 1 cup.
11. Take pan off the heat and remove and discard the bouquet garni bag.
12. Cool the liquid cool to room temperature.
13. Pour the bouillon over mushrooms.
14. Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight or up to 4 days.
15. Serve the mushrooms at room temperature spooning the marinade over them.
16. Use them to make salads if you like.