|Caster sugar||3 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce, unsalted (15 Gram)|
|Plain flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Instant coffee||2 Teaspoon, mixed with 2 tbsp boiling water|
|Cointreau||2 Tablespoon (Other Orange Flavored Liqueur, Optional)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated milk||6 Fluid Ounce (17.5 Centiliter)|
|Egg whites||5 (At Room Temperature)|
1) Take a 1.25 litre (2 pint) souffle dish and grease the inside of it lightly with butter.
2) Into the dish, pour about 2 teaspoons of sugar and then swirl it in all sides and bottom.
3) Keep the dish in refrigerator.
4) In a 2 litre (3 1/2 pint) glass bowl, microwave butter for about 45 seconds on high until it melts.
5) Beat in flour to form a smooth paste.
6) Mix in coffee, liqueur if you are using it, and the vanilla extract.
7) Beat the coffee base until it becomes smooth and mix in evaporated milk.
8) Cook the mixture for 1 1/2 minutes on high.
9) Microwave the coffee base for about 1 minute more on high to thicken it after stirring it well.
10) Beat it again and then add in remaining sugar, saving 2 tablespoons.
11) Blend the mixture well and keep the bowl aside.
12) Take a separate bowl and whisk egg whites in it until they reach soft peak stage.
13) Mix in the reserved 2 tablespoons of sugar a little at a time, whisking continuously until the meringue reach a stiff peak stage.
14) Mix one quarter of the meringue with the coffee base to lighten it.
15) Lightly, yet quickly, mix the coffee base with the remaining meringue.
16) Into the buttered soufflé dish, pour the mixture and cook it in microwave for 10 to 12 minutes on medium low (30 per cent power), turning the dish by a quarter every 3 minutes, until the soufflé rises to about 2.5 cm (1 inch) above the rim of the dish and becomes set.
17) Serve hot.
Calories 174 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.6%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.7 mg4.6%
Sodium 72.1 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.18 g0.72%
Sugars 19.6 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 0.94%
Calcium 8% Iron 0.58%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet