|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon, chilled and cut into small pieces (3/4 Stick)|
|Ice water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granny smith apples||2 Pound, cored, peeled, halved (About 4)|
|Lemon||1 , freshly squeezed|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) In a food processor, process the flour, sugar, and salt to mix. Add the butter and pulse 15 to 20 times until the butter forms crumbs.
3) Remove the lid and pour the ice water over the mixture. Pulse until the dough resembles curds and holds together when gathered.
4) Remove the dough and shape it into a disk. Place the disk between 2 sheets of waxed paper and roll it into a 10-inch circle, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
5) In a bowl, toss the apples with the lemon juice.
6) In a 9-inch ovenproof skillet, melt the butter, stir in the sugar and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture just reaches a golden caramel color. Turn off the heat.
7) Cut each apple half into 4 wedges. Arrange the slices, rounded side down, in concentric circles, starting from the outside of the skillet. Dice the rest of the apples and place in the center.
8) Remove the dough from the refrigerator, peel away the waxed paper and place the dough over the apples in the skillet. When the pastry softens, lightly tuck the edges down between the apples and the skillet.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes, until the crust is golden brown . Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for 5 minutes.
10) Place a serving dish over the skillet, invert the tart on the dish and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2682 Calories from Fat 1084
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g189.8%
Saturated Fat 77.3 g386.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 322.5 mg107.5%
Sodium 507.6 mg21.2%
Total Carbohydrates 398 g132.8%
Dietary Fiber 36.4 g145.6%
Sugars 243.9 g
Protein 18 g36.2%
Vitamin A 75.3% Vitamin C 74.4%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 42.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet