|Mussels||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Queen scallops||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Mushrooms||2 Ounce, sliced (50 Gram)|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Prepare the mussels by washing and scrubbing them.
3. In an ovenproof dish place them along with a little water and bake such that they open.
4. Take the mussels out of the shells and keep aside.
5. Take the scallops and separate their white parts and corals.
6. In a frying pan melt half of the butter and sauté the onion, garlic and mushrooms such that they are lightly colored.
7. Add the mussels and scallops and heat through gently.
8. Take 4 deep scallop shells, butter them and sprinkle half of the breadcrumbs in them.
9. Distribute the seafood mixture among the shells equally and keep aside.
10. In a pan boil 4 tablespoons of water along with wine and lemon juice such that they reduce and spoon it over the mixture in the shells.
11. In another bowl combine the remaining breadcrumbs, chopped parsley and seasoning and scatter over the filled shells.
12. Pour the remaining butter melted over the top of the filled shells, arrange them on a baking tray and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes such that golden brown.
13. Serve warm on a serving plate with garnish as desired.
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.2%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.1 mg26%
Sodium 613.6 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.72 g2.9%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 23 g46.7%
Vitamin A 17.7% Vitamin C 30.9%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 32.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet