Roquefort Cheese Pate With Celeriac
|Celeriac||1⁄2 Pound, peeled and sliced (225 Gram)|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Roquefort cheese||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Nutmeg||1 1⁄2 Pinch, grated (Good Pinch)|
|Celery seeds||1 1⁄2 Pinch, grated (Good Pinch)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Parsley/Coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon, freshly chopped|
|Ruby port||3 Fluid Ounce (90 Milliliter)|
1. Prepare a large pot and fill it with water. Set on the boil
2. Boil the celeriac in the pot for 10 minutes or till just soft
3. Drain the celeriac
4. Set a sieve over a bowl and pass the celeriac through the sieve till you have a smooth paste
5. In a large bowl, mix the hot puree with the cream cheese and the Roquefort.
6. Reheat to bubbling point
7. Pass the mixture through a sieve again for a smooth paste
8. Let it cool
9. Season the mixture with salt and pepper
10. Blend in the chopped parsley.
11. Add the port and mix well
12. Serve in individual ramekins or bowls.
13. Garnish with celery and serve with hot wholemeal toast.
Instead of repeated sieving, the potatoes and cream cheese can be blended in a food processor.
Calories 353 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.2%
Saturated Fat 16.5 g82.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.2 mg27.4%
Sodium 1561.2 mg65%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 15 g29.9%
Vitamin A 25.4% Vitamin C 16%
Calcium 44% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet