Home Style French Onion Soup
|Onions||3 Medium, sliced|
|Beef broth||750 Milliliter|
|Worcestershire sauce||5 Milliliter|
|Croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a 3–litre microwaveable casserole, mix butter and onion.
2. In the microwave, cover and cook for 7-10 minutes at High.
3. Blend in the broth, water, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
4. In the microwave, cover again and cook for 9-10 minutes at High, and then another 10 minutes at Medium.
5. Let it stand, covered, for at least 4 minutes.
6. Serve with croutons and cheese on the side.
Calories 153 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.8%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.5 mg7.5%
Sodium 601.1 mg25%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 12.9%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet