Quick Hollandaise Sauce
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1 Pinch|
1. In a small saucepan, add butter and place pan on a low flame.
2. Melt slowly, until the solids separate and surface.
3. Skim off scum carefully, using a spoon.
4. In a warmer food processor bowl, add egg yolks, lemon juice, water and a pinch of salt and white pepper.
5. Blend at moderate speed until well mixed and creamy.
6. Through the food chute, pour the butter in a very thin but steady stream. Dot not add it all at once.
7. Blend until all the butter has been incorporated to form a thick creamy and smooth sauce.
8. If it remains too runny, empty into top bowl of double boiler and cook until it thickens.
9. If the sauce is too thick, adjust the consistency by adding a tablespoon or more of boiling water and blending until smooth.
10. Taste and adjust seasoning.
11. Serve the sauce warm.