|Canned deveined shrimps||5 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned crabmeat||7 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Grated onion||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Prepare the shrimps by draining and rinsing them and set aside.
2. Then drain crabmeat and flake, remove any bony tissue and set both aside.
3. In a medium-size saucepan saute onion lightly in butter or margarine and stir in flour, salt, nutmeg, and milk.
4. Let it cook with constant stirring such that the sauce thickens and boils 1 minute.
5. In a small bowl beat egg yolk slightly and set white aside.
6. Into egg yolk blend 1/2 cup of the hot sauce and stir back into remaining in saucepan.
7. Heat, stirring constantly for 1 minute longer and remove from heat.
8. Stir in shrimps, crabmeat and lemon juice and mix well.
9. Into 8 small scallop shells or broiler proof serving dishes spoon the shrimp mixture and place on a cookie sheet for easy handling.
10. Chill if made ahead.
11. To serve, bake in moderate oven (375°) for 30 minutes such that bubbly hot and remove from oven.
12. Keep temperature control to broil and in a small bowl beat saved egg white such that it stands in firm peaks.
13. Fold in mayonnaise or salad dressing and on top of hot seafood mixture spoon, dividing evenly.
14. Let it broil for 2 to 3 minutes such that the topping is puffed and golden-brown.
15. On a large platter arrange with garnish of lemon wedges dipped in paprika.