Berry French Toast Bake
|For french toast bake|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fat free milk/Soymilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs/12 egg whites||6|
|French bread loaf||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes to make 8 cups (1 Soft Loaf)|
|Frozen unsweetened mixed berries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (From Two 14-Ounce Bags)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Strawberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Frozen unsweetened mixed berries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canola oil/Cooking spray||1 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
1. In a 1-quart saucepan, heat the butter over a medium heat
2. Add the pecans to the heated butter. Toast the pecans over a gentle heat till nice and brown
3. Gently add in the syrup and heat through till hot.
4. Remove from the heat and set aside till cool
5. In a medium bowl, crack the eggs
6. Use a hand beater or a whisk to beat the eggs till soft and fluffy
7. Add the buckwheat flour, the whole wheat flour, the fat free skin milk, the sugar, baking powder and salt
8. Beat or whisk completely the batter has no lumps
9. Heat the griddle or a 1 2-inch skillet over medium heat or to 375°
10. Grease the griddle with canola oil or with a cooking spray before heating
11. On to the hot griddle, pour 3 tablespoons batter from cup or pitcher.
12. Cook on one side till puffed, golden and bubbly.
13. Sprinkle the pancake with one teaspoon of bran and then flip over
14. Cook the pancake on the other side till golden brown.
15. Serve with hot butter, and the prepared maple pecan syrup